Friday 23 December 2016

Please stand by


This has been a difficult week. I am behind in my blog but I promise one is coming in the next 24 hours and you will not want to miss it. 
Stay tuned.
I have been back on chemo this week and with the accumulated effects of four weeks of radiation I am more fatigued and a little more nauseous than the first cycle. Today is my last day of chemo and I get the PICC line out. Finally, I can have a shower.
I have two treatments of radiation left, today and next Tuesday. I was told earlier this week that much like a sunburn the side-effects of the radiation would get worse before they go better ... they weren't lying!!!
The burns are painful and a dark dark red, almost brown, and they seem to get redder every day. Bowel movements are painful. I take Imodium like candy to ease the pain during bowel moments and Tylenol 3 at bedtime so that I can fall asleep. The chemo wakes me up half a dozen times through the night so I can pee. 
In two or three weeks this will all be behind me (no pun intended) but for now ... well, let's just say I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.
But please, watch for tomorrow's blog, Love, Valour, Compassion. I am putting the finishing touches on it and I am really proud of how it is coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment