Wednesday 16 November 2016

Bon Voyage



I have a start date.

Monday, November 21, 2016.

My treatment plan includes five weeks of radiation therapy and two cycles of chemotherapy in the first and the fifth week.

Are you doing the math?

My last day of radiation and my last dose of chemotherapy will be Friday, December 23.

Two days before Christmas.

I should have called this post The Nightmare before Christmas.

I tried to delay the start date to January 9 … after we get back from our New Year’s Eve celebrations and vacation in Nicaragua.

Really, would a few more weeks make that much of a difference?

When the doctor said, “If you were my brother I wouldn’t let you go”, my decision was made.

With a saddened hearts we cancelled our vacation plans and Christmas will be what it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment